REMOTE (US based) | Full-time
Reporting to the Controller, the Compliance Accountant will be the primary point of contact for state, federal, tax, and payroll compliance. This role will also serve other accounting and administrative functions on an as needed basis.
- Evaluating the requirements to register in states (ie. where we have employees, where we have nexus due to customers)
- Registering in the applicable states working w/the registered agents to ensure Digital Onboarding is in compliance with all forms and requirements
- Aligning the states w/one registered agent for ease of tracking requirements and due dates
- Filing annual, quarterly, monthly reports to states as necessary for annual reporting compliance requirements
- Ensuring payroll taxes, wages reports, and workers compensation insurance fees are being accurately charged and remitted timely either by the payroll solution or by Digital Onboarding
- Organizing and responding to mailings from state, local authorities regarding taxes and compliance reporting
- Evaluating in which states Digital Onboarding needs to collect Sales Tax, ensuring we are collecting and properly reporting and submitting the collected Sales Tax to the applicable states
- Ad-hoc accounting responsibilities on an as-needed basis including entering bank and credit card transactions into the accounting system, receivables collections, etc.
- Working with the CTO and Controller to ensure laptops are shipped out to new hires
- When an employee leaves Digital Onboarding, they ship their laptop back to the CTO (located in Providence). The CTO will reinstall the operating system and ensure the laptop is in good working condition. As new hires come on board, it will be the responsibility of this role to pick up the laptop from Providence, securely package, and ship the laptop to the new hire.
- Working with the CTO on scheduling interviews, document gathering on an as needed basis
The above listed responsibilities should act as a guideline of expectations for this role and is not meant to be all-encompassing. The duties and responsibilities of this position may change from time to time, at the sole discretion of Digital Onboarding.
If interested, shoot us an email at email@example.com. Tell us a little about yourself and attach your resume or include a link to your LinkedIn profile.