Technical Maintenance Product Manager
REMOTE (US based) | Full-time
The Technical Maintenance Product Manager is the business champion and team linguist who is accountable for maximizing the value and adoption of the product and product features by ensuring that we are keeping the balance of maintaining the Digital Onboarding platform with solving challenges, defects, and enhancements. This will be done by working closely with level 2 support to ensure they have the right level or product feedback for challenges in the platform, triaging and deciding the prioritization of the level 3 support queue coming from level 2 support, and working closely with users to respond quickly to the decisioning of enhancement requests.
You will be responsible and empowered to collaborate with customers and stakeholders to ensure you have the right level of details and product requirements needed to push the above forward.
You will own the prioritization of your maintenance backlog queue, and work with the Director of Product to ensure that items of high priority are making their way into grooming and sprint planning.
- Be the point of contact for level 1 and level 2 support in solving product challenges and/or confirming it as a defect
- Own the level 3 support queue with potential defects coming from level 1 and level 2 support and ensure that there are clear steps to reproduce from that team and they can be easily followed to recreate the issue
- Own, enhance, and use the defect level rubric modeling to define confirmed defects and the level of defect to take the right actions
- Execute the needed process and stay in the SLA for each defect level, inclusive of customer and internal communications while working with the product operations manager
- Raise and work with the Director of Product to prioritize those confirmed defects that need to be resolved in the current sprint according to the SLA
- Own our product enhancement queue and the decisioning of each enhancement, ensuring it aligns with our product direction
- For enhancements, ensure there is a clear business case/problem the user is trying to solve and work with the submitter to flesh out any missing details to decision or move forward
- Create the product requirements for each approved enhancement in Trello
- Own the prioritization of the maintenance backlog (defects & enhancements) in direct alignment with the Director of Product to ensure it aligns with product strategy and vision
- By creating and looking at commonalities and adoption analysis from our existing customers and users provide concise feedback and input for roadmap planning
- Work with the Product Operations Manager to review and approve internal and external release notes, ensuring that the end user can understand the full benefits of what is being delivered
- Work with product marketing and product creative to boost adoption of existing features and functionality in our platform
- Work with Product Operations for all customer-facing communications for releases or defect awareness notices or any one-off product communication needed
- Own and lead “Product Hours” to review release notes, what’s being worked in the maintenance queue, review the L3 queue and prioritized backlog, review enhancements and decisioning and why, and answer product questions submitted by the organization
- Help with QA as needed and product acceptance testing for new and large enhancements
- 7+ years of product management or solution management experience, preferably in banking technology
- 7+ years in roadmapping and prioritization
- Experience working with software development teams, preferably in a Product Owner or product management role using agile development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience communicating challenges, benefits, and solutions with customers, internal users, and stakeholders
- Experience using, building, and designing product requirements from feedback of users
- Experience using Trello or similar development software
- Proficient in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Analytics and research abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to listen and build rapport with internal and external users of the platform
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Marketing automation or digital marketing experience is nice to have but not required
- Financial marketing or experience working at or within a financial institution with members and customers is desired but not required
- Worked in level 3 support or product operations at a minimum if either of the above 2 bullets are not met
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated experience with regularly communicating with customers’ senior staff and business teams
- Translate customer needs into product requirements
- Think critically and problem-solve
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced software development environment
- Collaborate in a team environment
- Manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Superior customer service and advocacy skills
- Proven ability to learn quickly
- Collect data and read out learnings from the data to help us make better decisions
Digital Onboarding enables financial institutions to help people and businesses thrive by making it easier for them to stay financially organized and secure. Our digital engagement platform is designed specifically for financial service companies, making us unique and easy to use. We drive customer engagement and satisfaction by combining highly personalized email, text, and individually generated websites.
We are a digital team, which means we hire the best and brightest from across the country. We like working with intelligent and kind people that fight for great ideas, want to get things done, and think creatively to challenge the status quo.
We are a growing company. All our employees possess an over-the-top team approach towards achieving our goals. We operate in a dynamic industry that creates a fast-paced environment; contributions are highly encouraged and recognized.
The above-listed responsibilities should act as a guideline of expectations for this role and are not meant to be all-encompassing. The duties and responsibilities of this position may change from time to time at the sole discretion of Digital Onboarding.
If interested, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us a little about yourself and attach your resume or include a link to your LinkedIn profile.